Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Money-saving tip for using leftover strips of cardstock + more tips!

Always in my Heart

When you trim cardstock to layer on your projects, you're often left with a lot of strips that are 1/4", or 1/2" wide.  DON'T THROW THEM AWAY!  

I recently created several cards using the same hand-stamped background piece.  When I trimmed them to fit my project, I was left with several strips.  I created a tag with them (see steps below).  For my tag, I used the following:

  1. Always In My Heart stamp set (154337) (Bundle with dies available at 10% discount) -- LAST CHANCE SALE
  2. Floral Heart Dies (154306) -- LAST CHANCE SALE
  3. Love You Always Foil Sheets (Blushing Bride piece) (154286) -- ON SALE NOW FOR ONLY $5.00
  4. Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690)
  5. Blushing Bride 3/8" Metallic Ribbon (154283)--ON SALE NOW FOR ONLY $3.00

Creating the Sentiment

Notice the words on the tag?  That's not how the stamp is designed. 

Here's the way the stamp is designed  - 



Here's my embellishment -    



To create the tag, I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to apply ink to only a portion of the stamp at a time, cleaning thoroughly between each inking/stamping.  Each time I stamped, I lined up the words where I wanted them.

BASIC BLACK STAMPIN' WRITE MARKER  100082 BASIC BLACK STAMPIN' WRITE MARKER

Other colors are also available, so you can match your projects.
BRIGHTS STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  147157 BRIGHTS STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS

REGALS STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  147155 REGALS STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS

SUBTLES STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  147156 SUBTLES STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS
NEUTRALS STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  147158 NEUTRALS STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS

2020–2022 IN COLOR STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  153125 2020–2022 IN COLOR STAMPIN'

2021–2023 IN COLOR STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  155639 2021–2023 IN COLOR STAMPIN'

Die-cutting the edge of  a piece of cardstock

Did you notice the top and bottom edge of the sentiment piece?  This look was achieved using a die from the Stitched so Sweetly Dies.  My piece of cardstock was a lot smaller than the die, allowing me to only apply the die cut to the top portion (not the entire image).  I then repeated this for the bottom portion, to create the unique embellishment.


My embellishment with top & bottom edge die-cut


Steps

Here's are the quick and easy steps to create your own unique tag for your projects
  1. Cut a tag shape (rectangle), choosing desired width and length.
  2. Cut the top with a tag topper punch.
      1. FANCY TAG TOPPER PUNCH Fancy Tag Topper Punch (152711)
      2. DELIGHTFUL TAG TOPPER PUNCH Delightful Tag Topper Punch (149518)
    1. Apply adhesive to each strip.
    2. Adhere strips across your tag in desired order/pattern.
    3. Insert ribbon or twine in hole at top.
    4. Add any desired embellishments to tag, like rhinestones or gems, words or greetings, flowers, etc.  Go here to see available embellishments:  Embellishments & Ribbon
    Have fun creating your own unique tags!

    Add desired items from this post to your cart nowSHOP NOW



    No comments:

    Post a Comment